DIG-CON regards the safety and health of its employees of highest priority and is committed at the highest level of management in this respect. Safety is a shared responsibility of all Dig-Con’s employees and requires cooperation and collaboration between all management and employee personnel. Adjustments may be required to the designations of responsibilities to accommodate variations in local structures and overlap of job responsibilities.
Employee Key Responsibility
Perform assigned duties in a safe manner by complying with the procedures presented below:
- Positive safety attitude.
- Perform assigned duties with the attitude that safety is the most important aspect of the job.
- Work within the requirements of Dig-Con’s safety procedures, safe work practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Actively participate in required safety meetings, inspections, and training classes.
- Attend training when required to do so
- Submit a copy of training certificates (from outside sources) to the Supervisor.
- Be prepared to contribute to discussions during training.
- Apply information from safety training and meetings to daily job performance.
Hazard Reporting and Mitigation:
- Report unsafe acts or conditions to the safety staff and/or direct supervisor and/or crew leader.
- Report accident/incidents/near misses to direct supervisor and/or crew leader as soon as possible after occurrence.
- Follow up on the corrective action developed from accident/incident/near miss investigations.
- Report safety concerns/issues to direct supervisor and/or crew leader.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment when required.
- Empowered to shut down a job until it is safe to continue within reason and using good judgment.