Dig-Con International Limited is committed to ensuring that the activities of our various businesses are conducted in a manner in which maximizes protection ad preservation of the environment.
The Company policy has been established on the basis of guardianship of the environment which is essential to the successful conduct and future growth of our businesses, as well as being in the best interest of our customers. A safe, healthy workplace and protection of the environment will be achieved through adherence to the following policy criteria:
- Compliance with Environmental legislation
- Evaluation of all new materials, equipment, processes and operations to ensure compatibility with our Environmental programs and objectives
- Re-use, reduction or recycling of waste or as a last resort, the safe and proper disposal of waste
- Regular evaluation of Environmental performance
- Continual education of employees to ensure that the most appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental management practices are utilized
Responsibility for the successful continuance of this policy is incumbent upon the President and Senior Management of the Company who ensures that the intent and directions are followed. Human resources participate in the development, guidance, monitoring and evaluation of specific programs to ensure that the objectives of this policy are achieved. Corporate environmental audits on the level of performance and compliance with the objectives of this policy will be used to evaluate each division.
Project management and foremen are directly responsible for the implementation and maintenance of these programs. Each employee shares the responsibility of ensuring, through appropriate work practices that the Company’s business complies with this policy. All employees have a duty to report workplace conditions or practices that threaten the environment.
In order to ensure that accountability is maintained, performance and compliance with respect to Health, Safety and Environmental matters will be reviewed when appropriate and not less frequently than annually by the President.